Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Glass Slippers & Ostrich Eggs?


Glass slippers, eggs (what was with that egg anyway?!) & a man dressed as his grandma... oh my... Where do I start??? I have very mixed feelings about last night. I know it's going to be a decent season and I don't want to pre-judge all the guys based on some of the corny intro's they had planned out. I mean really though, I felt like I was in the Twilight zone watching all of them come in, each attempt at winning Emily over worse than the one before. And what was with the hair on these guys?!? I mean seriously. There were some crazy styles going on. But all hair & cheesiness aside, every season I seem to fall for a few of the underdogs and they win me over eventually. A few of these guys have potential I think!

I don't really want to go into who I didn't like. We were all watching the same show, and I think it's probably pretty obvious! I just feel so mean doing that! I mean I know these guys ask for it with some of their goofy antics, but they're still people just like you & me, so I'd rather focus on the guys that I did really like....

{ Sean Lowe photo from ABC via Wetpaint }
I don't really recall seeing too much of Sean last night. Maybe I was just too focused on all the ridiculousness going on, or maybe he was overshadowed by it... I don't know. Either way, he stood out as being one of the cute guys and didn't make an ass out of himself when he introduced himself to Emily! And from what I could see from the season previews, he easily stood out as one of my top picks immediately!!

{ Charlie Grogan photo from ABC via Wetpaint }
I also thought Charlie seemed like a nice guy! Don't really know much about him yet, other than his horrible injury that he was SO lucky to recover from! I'm looking forward to learning more about him.

{ Jef Holm photo from ABC via Wetpaint }
Jef with one F seems like a real sweetheart and all around cool guy. I don't know if I can get past the fact that he looks really really young, like 20 yrs old young, but I'm diggin his vibe so far! And I think his organization, People Water, is awesome!

{ Arie Luyendyk Jr photo from ABC via Wetpaint }
My top favorite of the night would def go to Arie! I'm sure tons of other ladies feel the same way!! He's def a cutie for sure!! And I actually think the fact that he's a racecar driver will attract Emily more than repel her. The only thing that concerns me is that under all of that boyish charm, he may be a womanizer. There's some rumors swirling about Arie's past apparently (I'm not entirely sure exactly what they are, other than 1 thing I found out) but all these guys have the potential to be a certain way and one would hope that if they were to win over a woman like Emily, that they would be different.

I'm most of the guys were very nice! They all seem pretty genuine.... for the most part... Even though I wasn't overly impressed last night, I still think it's going to shape up to be a great season! First impressions and looks aside, there have been guys in past seasons that I thought were gorgeous, but if you don't have a brain or act like a complete jerkface, you can become ugly real fast!! And vice versa. So I'm looking forward to seeing how all these guys evolve. They def seem like quite a catty bunch too, so that should be interesting!!!

What did you think of the show last night? Who are your fav's??

 XOXO