Friday, February 7, 2014

{{ 5 on Friday ... }}

Hi Lovies! I can't believe it's Friday already! We had not one, but two, delayed openings at my little guys school this week. I really don't mind the snow at all (except if I have to drive in it), but I'm not a fan of the late openings at all. It totally throws me off.  I'm so ready for the weekend! I decided to do something a little different this week and am linking up with  DarciAprilChristina, and Natasha for 5 on Friday! I love these posts!!! It's such a fun way to find new blogger friends and learn more about them =) So here we go....

~ ONE ~



My music taste has been expanding quite a bit lately. My true love will always be Rock, but I just got into this band a few months ago and really love so many of their songs. No to mention the fact that the lead singer, Will Anderson, is adorable! This is one of my favorite songs by Parachute and I think it's the perfect upbeat tune for a Friday afternoon, don't you?

~ TWO ~

I recently started knitting again and I'm finally almost done my first ever finished project! Knitting is kind of my meditation in a way. I've known the basics of it for years, but I have a hard time concentrating and I either end up abandoning it or ripping it apart. I have never actually ever finished a piece! I've really been into it and even though I still fight that urge to tear it up because it's not going fast enough, it's very calming for me since I can't really think to much while doing it. I hope to post the finished Cowl after this weekend! 

~ THREE ~

{ source }
 I am in DESPERATE need of a manicure lately! Since there are no Holistic-Minded Nail Salons in my area, I often do them at home. I actually just came across this eco-friendly brand and really like it! It's a little pricey at $18 a bottle, but it's 5-Free, so to me it's worth the cost.  And if you just like a basic neutral, a set like this is great! I also really like Julep, Zoya, and 100% Pure now has new nail line. 


~ FOUR ~

{ source }
The Hubs and I are planning on doing a 3 Day Cleanse together this weekend that will extend into Monday. I'm in desperate need of a reset! And I think doing it together will be great because we'll be able to cheer each other on. I'm in no way affiliated with this contest, but you can enter to win a giveaway for a couples cleanse (the same one we're doing) on the Kaeng Raeng Facebook page, if that's something you're interested in! Just scroll down on the page a bit and you'll see the photo above. Good luck and make sure to stop back next week for my our Full Couples Cleanse Diary! 

~ FIVE ~ 

{ source }
I have majorly been stressing over my skin lately. I have battled with adult skin issues a lot over the years, mostly due to food sensitivities and hormonal imbalance. When I eat along my body's perfect guidelines, my skin looks great! But I've been really bad with my sporadic eating and also adding organic dairy back in, which I'm finding I really just can't do. Also, the harsh cold, dry heat in my house, and stress from the skin issues, just isn't helping. I'm really hoping the cleanse I mentioned will give me a good starting point. Then I need to get back on track with my daily supplements and personal food guidelines. I'll actually be posting more about my personal experience with this in the coming months! 

Here's to a great weekend!!! Thanks for stopping by! 

{ 5 on Friday Linkup }