Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Review: Devita Natural Skincare & Mineral Cosmetics




I've been familiar with the Devita line of products for quite a while, but I just never had a chance to try them. Imagine my excitement when Devita International reached out to me to try out some of their skincare & cosmetics. They were so kind & generous to send me quite a few items to try out. DeVita Natural Skin Care and Color Cosmetics is wholly owned and operated by Cherylanne DeVita, Ph.D. and is based out of Arizona. After suffering from Cystic Acne and searching for the perfect anti-aging line that didn't contain toxic chemical ingredients, Cherylanne decided to take matters into her own hands. She created her own line of Skin Care that has become (according to SPINS), the fastest growing all-natural, 100% PARABEN FREE, PETA Certified, Vegan cosmeceutical skin care line in the country! Devita has a very large range of products - everything from facial products and color cosmetics, to body care. And I love, love, love that they are cruelty-free, which is an absolute must for me!



The first item in the line up that I was really excited to try is the Solar Protective Moisturizer Spf 30+. With no nano-particles, zinc oxide based spf (no chemical spf here!) and nourishing ingredients like aloe vera & grapeseed oil, this is a really great option for a daily daytime moisturizer. I especially loved that it contains skin plumping/hydrating vegan-sourced Hyaluronic acid! It gave me just the right amount of moisture without tons of oil, and didn't leave me looking like my makeup was melting off my face by the end of the day! This Moisture tint aka Multi-Beneficial Beauty Balm, is really amazing! BB Creams have been all the rage and this one is no exception. It perfects your skin without covering it up and not only contains an Spf of 15, but also has skin-feeding ingredients like hyaluronic acid, japanese green tea, and pomegranate extract. If you don't want a regular moisturizer, need a little bit of extra coverage under your makeup, or if you don't wear much makeup, this little wonder-cream would be perfect for you!



Next up... Color cosmetics, which I'm always a fan of since I adore makeup! Devita sent me Absolute Lips in Nearly Nude. I love the color. As you can see in the swatch if you scroll down.... this is a very light, slightly frosty shade, but isn't overpowering. In full disclosure, I am not a lipstick fan AT ALL. I never ever wear it. But I will say that it didn't feel heavy on my lips and I like the texture/look of it. With exotic flower waxes of Tuberose, Jasmine and Rose, blended with Macadamia, Avocado and Jojoba oils, the ingredients are stellar! I don't know that I'll be converted over from my beloved lip tint or gloss anytime soon, but this is a fantastic lipstick! The Absolute Eyes quad pad was my favorite! I was little scared of the shell & salmon colors at first glance, but I've been experimenting with pinks and corals on my eyes and I really liked them. They could always double as a cheek or lip color in a pinch as well. I LOVED the Oyster & Gelidium shadows. Metal type shades are my favorite for eyes and the Oyster was the perfect, buildable shade of platinum. Gelidium is amazing for lining eyes. The texture,,,, So nice. Very light & feathery and not irritating like some shadows!


Last but not least... This mineral blush in Coral Fusion was my runner up as top pick. The color is so pretty! Kind of like a cross between rose & coral and looks like it could be flattering on anyone. The texture of this blush was feather-light and didn't feel like I had a speck of makeup on my cheeks. That along with good-for-you ingredients like Hyaluronic acid & Japanese Green Tea extract made this a winner! Love!



Here is a swatch of the colors... As you can see, they are very light & build-able, which is always a plus in my opinion!

After perusing the site there were some other products that I came across that looked pretty amazing that I thought were definitely worth mentioning! Specifically the Try-Me kit which is perfect for anyone with commitment issues or that's on a limited budget, but wants to try a range of products! This Lip volumizer looks great, as I'm a sucker for lip products, especially those that offer a little... em.... enhancement ;) And this Cappuccino/Cocoa Mud Masque..... Wow! This is definitely on my list of products to try!

Devita seems to offer a lot of great deals as far as free gifts on higher priced orders as well! This line is definitely one to try! You can find Devita at their website as well as on Twitter & Facebook! Thanks again Devita for allowing me to try your fab products!

Christy
xoxo

DISCLAIMER: I was not compensated for the above review. I was, however, sent products at no cost to me in consideration for my review. I will never post about a product and/or line that I do not like. All opinions are honest & my own.