Monday, April 30, 2012

Crazy for Coconut Oil

Hi Lovelies! I hope you all had an amazing weekend! This was the first weekend that my Husband didn't have to work in a couple weeks, so we just had a very laid back couple of days. It was so nice to spend some quality time as a family! So I don't know if you've noticed, but quite a few of my recipes use Coconut Oil. About a year ago I switched over after reading about all of the amazing benefits and I absolutely LOVE it! I often use it in place of butter in dessert recipes and I fry eggs in it. So good! Here are some of the other uses...

~ Anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and anti-bacterial
 ~ Great for cuts & bruises
~ Makes an awesome all over body lotion right out of the jar!
~ Perfect for warm oil hair treatments
~ You can even use it to moisturize your face
~ Here are some other Amazing facts

So how do you use it? I fill up a bowl with really hot water and then place a smaller bowl filled with coconut oil into the water, not allowing the water to spill in. This is how I use it to bake! Anything else is straight out of the jar! It really is such a wonder product, I don't know how I ever got by without it. And one jar lasts a really long time!



Recently, I was lucky enough to receive some USDA Organic Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil from a company called Tropical Traditions! They were so generous to send this to me to try and I was not disappointed! This oil had a much more subtle, sweet taste than the oil I had been using. It has a very nice texture as well and tasted really good in my baked goods and chocolate!

The other thing I love about this company is that they don't just sell coconut oil! They also sell deodorant, body products, coconut flour, coconut sugar & coconut cream which is so SO good with fresh fruit! Yum!!!

I highly recommend this company if you are looking to try very reputable coconut products! Make sure to check them out on Facebook & Twitter to stay up to date on any sales they have going on! And on Pinterest, where they post some really delicious recipes & pin natural beauty tips as well!!!


XOXO
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.