Sunday, August 30, 2009

Date Night - Dinner & A Movie

Last night Hubby and I FINALLY went out on a much needed date! We grabbed a quick bite at our local Cosi, made a quick trip to Borders and then made our way to the Mall to go see ....



Which I was blown away by and LOVED!!! It was everything I hoped it would be and then some. The book is my all-time favorite book ever and even though I was very happy with the cast choice I was so nervous with how the movie would turn out after reading mixed reviews. I thought that for the most part it translated really well into a movie and they did a very good job. Eric Bana was perfect as Henry and Rachel McAdams (one of my fav actresses) made a stunning Claire! The movie sucked me in just as much as the book did. I am still reeling (in a good way) today and now I want to read the book again =) Definitely a wonderful date night!!!

Has anyone else read the book and/or seen the movie? If so, what did you think?



5 comments:

Brandi said...

I haven't, but I've been looking for something good to read after finishing up the Twilight series. I think I'll start on this next. :)

LWLH said...

I read the book and seen the movie and I liked both. I thought the book was great (well except those few scandalous parts with Gomez but overall liked it) and I thought the movie was good too. Like you said I didn't know how they were going to translate it but I thought they did a great job with the time traveling and casting! :)

Ashley said...

I am so glad to hear that someone else loved the movie too. I loved it sooo much and I had not read the book. A lot of my friends who read the book said the movie just wasn't as good and they didn't really enjoy it! I loved it and the actors they picked out did the part soo well! I was impressed.

Kristy said...

I loved them both!!!
I'm like you- I want to re-read the book now, after seeing the movie!

In This Wonderful Life said...

glad you went and saw it! I also LOVED it :)