Monday, July 23, 2012

Bachelorette Finale Recap


{ Via ABC }

Well last nights show was crazy! And by crazy I mean I was lucky I didn't fall asleep!! It was a tad on the boring side. The only saving grace was Emily's wardrobe. It def started off pretty quickly and immediately jumped into Jef meeting Emily's family. I wasn't too impressed with Jef's "Meet the Parents" attire, however, I do have to remember that they were in a tropical locale and also that he didn't pretend to be someone he wasn't. I def give him props for that!

Jef's meeting seemed to go really well and his final date with Emily went even better! It went so great in fact, that Emily decided to cancel her final date with Arie. I def didn't see that coming!!! Arie and all of us viewers were seriously blindsided on that one for sure I think! Ok, so here is where I have very mixed feelings.....

Let me preface this by saying that I really do like Jef. He's cute, has a very cool, down to earth vibe and seems like a genuinely nice guy. He's authentic and really does seem to be a "what you see is what you get" type of person. When I started noticing that he was going pretty far on the show, I thought that my dislike for Jef & Emily as a couple came from not being able to see them together. But last night my Husband made a comment to me watching the show that really hit the nail on the head. When they were kissing he said "they look like Brother & Sister". That right there my friends is the thing I couldn't put my finger on! I always thought that Jef could kind of pass for Emily's younger brother. But all that aside, I mean the guy can't help it if he was blessed with a baby face, it's the relationship & chemistry (or lack thereof) that bothers me. Ok, just bear with me a sec....

During the last episode where there was the fantasy suite.... It really pissed me off that Emily didn't give Arie extra time because she was afraid being in there with him would cloud her judgement. This is where I have an issue. She spent extra time with the other guys, allowing them the opportunity to talk more and have more one on one time and Arie didn't get that time. Then she allows Jef to meet Ricki and doesn't allow Arie to meet her. I do give Emily credit for canceling on the date if she knew that it was going to be Jef in the end. Every single person in Bachelor/Bachelorette history knew on that last date who they were choosing and strung the other person along. But I just felt so bad because I don't think she was being true to herself.

Ok, so last night I tweeted that I think Jef was the safe choice and that I think she thought there was a chance Arie might cheat on her eventually. I still think that. But I really pondered it a bit and tried to see everything through Emily's eyes. I'm a Mom. I get it. I can only imagine what it must be like to be out in the dating world, having been engaged before and it didn't work out, etc, and having a child to think about through all of this. I can definitely understand where she is coming from in that sense. She has the pressure of not wanting to get her daughter attached to yet another man, and have it fizzle out. The only thing that irks me is that Jef is just as capable of turning around and doing the same things. Would he? Who knows.

There are plenty of relationships that are built on friendship. And Jef & Emily seem to have that for sure. But is it enough to make it last? They just got engaged, are "madly in love" and all you see is peck, peck, peck. I'm sure she doesn't want to play tonsil hockey on a show when she has a daughter, but that didn't stop her from doing exactly that with anyone else... ahem... Arie. And that my lovelies is it.... There just doesn't seem to be chemistry. When I watch Jef & Emily I feel like I could be watching Siblings. I feel like watching him & Ricki interact is like watching a child with her awesome Uncle Jef! Sure Arie & Emily's relationship appeared to be mostly chemistry, but that's what we saw. I'm sure there was more to it.

I honestly feel that Emily cared deeply about both guys, but felt she needed to do what was best for herself as a family unit. "Jef makes me feel more confident" translates to "I don't think Jef will ever cheat on me." It was so obvious what she was trying to say. I'm sure she was just trying to sugar coat it and be nice, but at that point she might as well just come out and say it! She was in love with Arie and knew that if she spent extra time with him that night in the fantasy suite, introduced him to Ricki or went on that last date, she wouldn't be able to choose Jef. She didn't read the journal he left because she knew she would question her decision. She judged Arie based on his looks & lifestyle and assumed that it wouldn't be able to last forever. Who knows, maybe she's right! But lets call a spade a spade here.

I really do wish Emily & Jef all the best. They do look quite cute together, even if it still seems kind of weird to me. I hope it does work out and they are one of the few couples from this crazy franchise that makes it!

Now on to the real drama! Bachelor Pad starts tonight! Woo Woo!!! Who will be watching?!?! I LOVE BP so much. Although last year with Vienna & Kasey was sooooooooooooooo annoying, cue eye roll. I'm so excited about it! The only thing I'm not super excited about is the fact that Kalon is on the show. I really hope he doesn't ruin it with his pretentious snark! Bleh....

{ Via }
 What I want to know is whether you lovelies want me to do recaps of the show. I don't want to cloud up my blog with a bunch of stuff that is going to turn everyone off. I think there's going to be plenty to say about it for sure! So I would love to do it =)


XOXO