Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Natural Beauty Roundup - Summer Fav's!

I've come across so many great natural beauty finds over the last few months! I've been a clean beauty user for a couple years now and will not use any "dirty" products at all. The last to go was my shampoo & conditioner. My naturally curly hair that I blow straight every other day is super finicky when it comes to product, so it's been really difficult to find something that really works for me! The products below have been my go-to's for a few months, with the exception of a couple new finds.




1 & 2 - I absolutely love Acure Organics line of products! I've been using the shampoo for probably close to a year now. I was using the matching Argan stem cell conditioner for a long time, but recently switched to the root repair. My hair isn't as moisturized as I would like, but as I said, my hair is very finicky and hard to please. Acure offers an exceptional line of products at a very reasonable price! I pick mine up from Whole Foods or order from Lucky Vitamin.

3 & 4 - I cannot say enough about the Shea Moisture line from Target! I've been using the coconut hibiscus body lotion for a couple years and it smells like Ambrosia. This detangler spray works really well for my hair and smells of coconuts, which I love. The Mango & carrot conditioner is a bit too heavy for everyday, even for my curly hair. But I love it as a deep conditioner a few times a week. The ingredients on these products are very impressive and they are a great price!

5 - Another great Whole Foods find! This is my second bottle of Alaffia's black soap. This bottle is pretty big and my husband, son & I use this as a body wash. I've tried the tangerine, but this peppermint is my fav. It smells & feels so refreshing!

6 & 8 - I love Shea Terra Organics. I've been using their products for over 5 years now and it's such a great range!! I originally purchased this Desert Date Oil for my face. It got great reviews and I was so eager to try it. But like my hair, my face can be really finicky and often doesn't like oils. This unfortunately was no exception. It just did not work for my face at all. But I did try it on my hair (I've used Shea Terra Argan Oil in the past) and it works amazing!!! Just 1-2 pumps rubbed between my palms and lightly coated throughout my hair makes a great frizz-tamer, pre-styling treatment or deep conditioner at night. The Ghassool Moroccan Lava Clay chips are also amazing! I'm a huge fan of masks and love these! First of all, it's a jar of chips. This jar is going to last FOREVER! I only use about 3-4 chips on my entire face. I mash them up in with my mortar/pestle and add either filtered water or organic apple cider vinegar. Sometimes I even like to add a bit of Manuka Honey. This mask is healing & lovely!

7 - I picked up this Burts Bees tinted lip balm and I love it! The color is subtle, but you can tell it's just a bit prettier than a natural lip color. The balm is really moisturizing and not sticky at all. It really lasts too! The price is a little high for such a small stick, but it would definitely be something worth stocking up on if you came across a sale! I got mine at Whole Foods but you can also pick them up at Target, Drugstore.com and lots of other retailers!

Check back soon for more natural beauty rec's!!!

Christy
xoxo


 ***DISCLAIMER***
 I was not paid for the above reviews. I purchased all of the above products myself and was not compensated in any way. I do not receive compensation for any reader purchases.