Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Musings


 This weekend went by so fast! I can't believe it's Monday already!! We had a very relaxing couple days just spending time together as a family. It was so nice!! It's been a few weeks and this was the first weekend in a while we just got to kick back without having to run all over or for my Husband to go to work. But yesterday brought a slightly stressful end to an otherwise wonderful couple days. My son was riding his bike and found a fledgling blackbird by the curb. It had fallen out of it's nest and it was way too high to put him back. So I rescued him & put him in an old robin nest in our plum tree. Mom found him & was feeding him, but then it started storming, so I took a little basket & made a nest and put him in the bushes with a shelter over top. Poor thing. I was so scared I would find him dead this morning, but he's ok! =) Today he is back in the plum tree with his makeshift nest and an umbrella I shoved over top into the branches since it's supposed to rain the next couple of days. Here's hoping he survives the rain & slight chill. I'm such a HUGE animal lover, I'll be so upset if he doesn't make it. Please keep your fingers crossed for little tweeter!!!

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend as much as I did! My Son only has about 1 1/2 weeks of school left & I am counting down the days!! Even though I know he'll drive me crazy over the summer, it'll be nice to spend so much time with him and not have the pressure of school. Make sure to stop back tomorrow for my Bachelorette Recap! Yay!!!



XOXO
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket