Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bachelorette Recap #6

{ Photo Via ABC }
Well, last night was finally what I've been waiting for, in a lot of ways! This episode had quite a dose of action!! I wouldn't say it's edge of your seat action just yet, although there was one part of last night that I was practically biting my nails off.... but I'll get to that in a few. I'm still not over the moon over Emily's wardrobe either, but there have been quite a few styles that I've coveted. Emily loves some sparkles... but then again, so do I. Ahem....

So first up was Emily's 1:1 with Travis. He seems like a really sweet guy. He's really polite, down to earth and he brought an Ostrich egg named Shelly to impress her during his intro. Who can forget that??? But the fact that he felt the need to go on that he hadn't had a GF in a really long time, insinuating that he hasn't had other things in a long time. Well you get the gist. Kind of a turn off to come out and say it. To be honest, I had missed the first 10min or so and was taping on my DVR and pretty much FF through most of the date. I found the date itself super boring. At the end poor Travis went home, but the tone of the date kind of gave all the clues to his impending demise. Shame.

Then on to the group date. Another strange choice of activities on this date. They went to see the new movie Brave. Which looks adorable by the way, I'll probably take my son to see it next week. But.... I did find it a teensy bit strange that Emily and a bunch of beefy guys would 1) go on a group movie date, and 2) go to see a Pixar movie. I do love those cute movies, but C'mon! No popcorn & Prometheus?!? These guys are manly! Well most of them anyway ; )

{ Photo Via ABC }
Then the date went on to the guys putting on kilts. And let me just say, for the record, that I have never seen a guy look hot in a Kilt.... Until last night. Sean looked damn fine sporting that plaid man-skirt! Such a freakin cutie!!! They got all dolled up in their scottish themed attire and road on Donkeys to the Highland Games..... in Croatia. Hmmmmm ...... The movie Brave is Scottish and the games are Scottish. So then why not have the dates in Scotland? Croatia is gorgeous though. So they start the games and Sean dominates... of course! Chris.... eh, not so much. But Emily, for some odd reason, liked this and gave the cup of bravery to him instead of Sean???? Moving on....

One part of the date Arie pulled Emily away from the boys and they went for a walk. First, let me say that I am "Team Sean" all the way. But there's just something about this guy. I don't know if it's an act or if it's for real. Either way.... he is smoooooth. At one point they stopped to peer into a window and when Emily turned to walk away, he pushed her up against the wall and gave her quite a liplock. I seriously got all swoony and had butterflies. They just look so cute together and he's charming, so is his peacoat. And his hoodie. Not many guys can pull that off, but he does it quite well.

So then comes the moment most of the fans of the show have been both dreading and waiting for. Emily's 1:1 with Ryan. Duh.. Duh... Duh... And it really was that bad. If I had been taking shots every time this toolbag said the word "Trophy Wife" I would have been trashed by the end of the date! And it continued on with more nauseating chatter that just wouldn't stop. My ears were seriously bleeding. Watching Emily during this date was like watching someone on a rollercoaster. One minute she was trying to give this jerkface the benefit of the doubt and take his lame comments as funny banter and the next you could see all over her face she had enough. Then the unthinkable happened. They were sitting at dinner after Ryan delivered yet another eye-gauging speech, where I believe he used the word "servant" in his list of things he's looking for in a wife and said "Trophy Wife" at least another two times..... Vom.......... And then Emily says that she just can't give him the rose. And what does he do? Most guys, especially with the kind of Ego that Ryan has, would just give up right there. But he kept talking and talking and talking..... And really was trying to mess with her mind. Creep. I was all but grabbing my TV and shaking it at this point.... I really can't imagine another week of listening to this man go on about himself and all of his "Worldly Gifts" (can you believe he said that?!?!?) but finally, she told him she was not changing her mind! Go Em!!!!!!


I am SO glad I can finally sit back and enjoy the show now! Ryan & his Ego will no longer be present. I don't know if he's like that in real life, but for his sake and for all the women that come in contact with him, I really hope not!

She ended up keeping all the guys in the end. She couldn't decide who out of Doug & Wolf to send home. So they both stayed. Next week looks promising as well. A hot & heavy kiss with McCutie Sean and the Arie drama looks like it will finally be exposed.

ps - so sorry for my lack of posts lately! My son's last day of school was last Fridau and I have been SO busy!!! I'm definitely having a major time trying to adjust and go about my normal routine. My poor blog has taken a little bit of a beating =( But I'm getting it sorted! And for all of you Tracy Anderson Method fans that might be reading this, don't forget to stop back tomorrow to join in on my Workout Wednesday Linkup! I hope you enjoyed my recap!


 XOXO