Wednesday, August 28, 2013

a {me} day...

{ via }
Sometimes you just need a "me" day..... As I had mentioned last week, my Husband was away on business. And not just a couple days..... For 6 days. For any of you that have Husband's that travel regularly, I'm sorry. My Husband really only has to do this about once a year and for a couple that has been together just a few months shy of 13 years (I know!), and has probably only spent a few nights apart about 5 times, this was A LOT! Not only was it a very long week with the typical adult responsibilities that come with tending to my house, my child, my pets etc, but it's been a bit of an adjustment recovering as well. So the last couple of days have been divided spending some quality time with my kiddo before he goes back to school, and trying to spend some quality time on myself. Something I really haven't done in great lengths in a while.

Number 1 on the list was find a good book & get lost in it! You see...... The last couple of years I've spent so much time immersed in Holistic Health studies that a majority of my reading has been health/wellness and cookbooks. Not that I don't love reading about these things. I do... I mean I LOVE it...... I'm a self-proclaimed nutrition nerd and usually can't get enough. But lately I've been burnt out and I've decided to take a step back from my original grand plans and the new road of goals does not include reading wellness book after wellness book.

{ via }

Last year I read Gone Girl, and to be honest.... I didn't end up liking it very much. It was very well written and the first half of the book I couldn't put it down. The fact of the matter is that I started to hate one of the main characters, Amy Dunne. And I mean HATE. I can't really say too much more without spoiling anything for you, so I'll leave it at that. But it was enough that I didn't enjoy the rest of the book very much and I wasn't sure if I would pick up another book by Gillian Flynn. However, when I saw a friend from the blogisphere, the lovely Ashley, raving about Sharp Objects, I decided to check it. I'm so glad I did!!!! I started the book last night and was immediately sucked into this world of weird. I haven't been able to put it down and I think I'll definitely be finished by tomorrow. I just know that there's an evil little twist coming. I think I might have it figured out. But one thing I've definitely gathered, after reading even only 1 of Gillian Flynn's books, is that just when you think you have it all figured out, she throws a deliciously crazy twist your way! I can't wait to report back with my overall review of the book. Something I think I might do on this little blog o' mine from time to time.

Other than that I think I'm going to have a nice cup of tea and settle down with my Little Mr. It's a rainy/muggy day here in NJ, so I have the windows closed, AC on, and am pretending that I'm already well into the Fall. Coming Soon...... I'll be reviewing a 3 day Cleanse by Kaeng Raeng! I'm super excited about this, as I've wanted to try it forever!!! I'm just gearing my body up for it. My allergies have been so bad, my body just feels like it's recovering from a lot lately. I def can't wait to share my 3 day diary of my experience with you!

Christy
xoxo