Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Great Coat Debacle & Halloween

Hello! So sorry for my lack of posts lately!! I've had my son home sick from school a couple times and between that, running around, volunteering at his school and getting ready for Halloween, I've been crazy busy!!! So I last posted about a coat that I had ordered from Modcloth after deciding to return the coat from Anthro. Well let me tell you this, when my husband returned that Anthro coat, I was soooo upset. Did I feel silly being that upset about a coat?! Sure I did. But I felt as though the coat and I had bonded, that we had formed a friendship and were truly meant for one another! But I still returned the Deep Woods Coat and my search for something I would love equally as much continued. I did receive the Anastasia Coat from Modcloth and it was very pretty, but sadly it was not for me. I even went to the J.Crew Factory store this past weekend and there were some gorgeous coats on sale! A charcoal colored wool trench and lady coats in apple green, purple, bright red and black. I am embarrassed to say that I purchased not one, but two coats (for the same price combined as the Anthro coat) but then returned them before we left because they just weren't what I was looking for. I know, you're probably thinking exactly what my husband said to me multiple times - "It's just a coat for pete sake!!!" I know it's just a coat.... But that didn't stop me. So my husband and I just celebrated our 7 year anniversary this past Monday and what did I get for a gift? The Anthro coat!!! lol. My long lost friend is finally home ;)

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day of Halloween activities at my Son's school so I need to rest up! He is going to be Harry Potter this year (since that is who everyone says he looks like, lol) It was a last-minute choice as the couple costumes were pondering just didn't work out. Here is a photo of him....


What do you think? Is Harry Potter the perfect costume choice or what?! We got him the robe, the scarf and the wand =) Pictures to follow soon. I hope everyone has a very Happy Halloween!!!!




1 comment:

Brandi said...

He is a doll! He'd make a super cute Harry Potter. My middle son was Harry Potter last year and he looked adorable.