Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Faire Collection has My Heart

I am so excited to share this post with you today! Mainly because the company I'm about to introduce to you is one that I've been a major fan of for a really long time. But not just because they offer gorgeous accessories and jewelry, but because they have such a touching mission. 

Recently I was contacted by Faire Collection about doing a feature and of course, because I already adore them, I was happy to gush about them. They so generously offered to gift me a necklace so that I could convey the total experience to you, and I have been wearing this necklace almost daily since I received it. 

 photo Faireshipping.jpg

First let me touch on the initial arrival before I get into the major details and company story. For anyone that is a regular visitor to this blog, or that knows me, you know that I'm a sucker for packaging. It makes a huge impression on me. And Faire Collection is no exception. The package arrived beautifully put together in a shipping box with shred. It was delicately wrapped in bright blue tissue and placed inside a simple, but nicely branded little envelope, along with a card that gives some info about the company and the countries where the Handmade Jewelry & accessories are made. One of my most favorite details though, was a tag that was on the necklace that gives me the name of the person that made it. I absolutely LOVED  this little touch and felt so connected to the fact that a person in another country used their hands to make me this necklace. Amazing!!! 

 photo Faire_CatalinaNKL_SeaGreen.jpg

The necklace that was sent to me is called the Catalina necklace, and in addition to the gorgeous papaya color that I was gifted, there is also a gorgeous sea green option. This necklace was Artisan-made  in Ecuador with hand-dyed Tagua & Pambil Seeds, Wood, Brass, and Wax Cord. I love it! It's the perfect length, has a nice weight but not too heavy,  and adds a nice little soft pop of color, while still being semi-neutral if that makes sense. I love to wear it with my maxi dresses, a cardi & tank combo for cooler summer days and in the office, and it looks great with some dangly gold earrings and a plain v-neck tee. It's really versatile!

So now for the details about Faire Collection as a company.... 

 photo FaireArtisansWorking.jpg

Faire Collection created fair trade accessories that are made with responsibly sourced natural materials from around the globe.

Their New York design team travels to remote corners of the world to design with vibrant indigenous cultures and one-of-a-kind natural materials. They now work with communities in Ecuador, Peru, Swaziland and Vietnam, providing their Artisan partners a path to prosperity. 



Check out this short video to get a sense of just how much this opportunity impacts these communities. It literally gives me goosebumps...

I also really love this "Story of your Necklace" timeline and this Bio on Amanda Judge, Founder and CEO!

In addition to gorgeous jewelry like the Catalina necklace, Faire Collection also carries scarves (love!) & hats, as well as an amazing Sale Section! Here are my current favs - The Galapagos Necklace in Turquoise, the Cascade Necklace in Periwinkle (Gorgeous & On Sale!!!) and the item at the very top of my wishlist, the Tagua Bib, which I love in every single color! I've been lusting after this one for a while and am undecided between the Berry & Sunset Orange for Fall!

I hope you enjoyed learning about Faire Collection & consider making a purchase with a purpose! Make sure to bookmark your favs! Keep.com lets you know when they go on sale ; ) and check them out on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter!