Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I'm so sorry for the lack of posts lately! I always feel like my brain is going a mile a minute!!! Ever since Halloween, everything seems to be on warp speed! Can you believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving?!?! The time just flies by!!! I've been really trying to get everything organized between my son's class parties, planning gifts, making gifts etc because I know that Christmas will be here in the blink of an eye! With life going by so quickly, I wanted to make sure I popped on here to share a few things...

What I'm thankful for....

{ source }
I'm super thankful for my little family - my husband, my son, my pets & myself ; ) It's so easy to get caught up in the everyday woes of life, family issues (c'mon most people have them!), financial stress, and sometimes even "keeping up with the joneses". I don't necessarily wish I had things other people have specifically. But I'm def guilty of wishing I had things on my own wish list and not appreciating what I already have. Today I read a very sad post by a blogger sharing the story of how she lost her little brother in a tragedy 3 years ago, and it really made me stop and think. Sometimes I get so caught up in the "get up go go go" constantly, that I forget how fleeting & fragile life really is. No ones life is perfect. Mine certainly isn't. There are things I wish were different and often find myself pining, which makes me forget how good I have it. I have a home with a roof over my head, nice things and a wonderful Husband & little boy who I love dearly. What more could I ask for?

I also truly appreciate all of you! I'm such a perfectionist that I often get caught up in constant self-criticism regarding my blogging. It's times like this where I remember to take a breath, stop focusing on what I'm going to write about next, is it good enough, will people like it, etc and revel in the fact that I've connected with all of you. I've become bloggy friends with some amazing girlies over the years and am making so many new friends through this little blog O' mine, that I never would have crossed paths with otherwise. I love that. The sense of community!!! I adore all of you and am so happy that you have stuck with me through so many ups and downs in the last year!

On that note, I have an amazing recipe to share with you. Many years ago, when I first started cooking Thanksgiving dinner (which I think was back in my Condo with my then Fiance at maybe.... er.... 23?) I pulled out an Ad for Jimmy Dean sausage with a stuffing recipe on it. Now let me preface by saying that I am a Health Nut a majority of the time. However, I've been making this recipe for so long, that it's a Thanksgiving staple in my home! And now I want to share it with you!!!


I really hope you enjoy it! It's so good!!! I'm hoping to get some gift guides together over the next week or so! There's some amazing deals going on that started today! Check out some of my fav items from JCrew, JC Factory, Anthro & Club Monaco!!


JCrew - 25% off $150+ with code COLOR25
JCrew Factory - Extra 15% off already marked down items with a purchase of $100+
Anthro - Extra 25% off Sale items no code needed
Cub Monaco - Extra 30% Off Sale items + FS

I'm also planning on sharing more sales as well as my top picks! Until then, wishing each and every one of you a fantastic holiday!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

XOXO