Thursday, August 16, 2012

So Lost...


Do you ever feel so lost... so confused... that sometimes you don't know which way is up? Like you're swimming so deep in a million things that you get lost and can't figure out which is the way to the surface. That's how I've been feeling lately. This September I'll be 32... I know.... YIKES!!! I truly thought I would have myself figured out by now. When I turned 30 I literally felt like someone flipped a light switch and everything started coming into focus. There was such a moment of clarity, unlike my other birthdays. It became so much easier to see what I like and what I don't like. Who I want to be and who I have no interest in being. But in the last 6 months or so, I've been feeling so overwhelmed. Like I'm having a major identity crisis. Everything in my life as far as everyone else goes - friends, family, etc is good! But as far as I go.... Not so much. There could be worse things to be confused and overwhelmed about, I suppose. But it's just such an odd feeling to feel so disconnected from yourself. To feel like you don't even know what you like or are interested in anymore. That's kind of the reason I've been pretty MIA lately. I apologize for that! Sometimes I just feel like too much of my blogging is fluff. Don't get me wrong... there's nothing wrong with fluff. But I want you all to get to know me too - beyond all the sparkles, pretty clothes & lust lists. Lately I've been feeling like if I don't have anything super interesting to say, maybe I shouldn't say it at all. I just want to warn you that the next few months will most likely be very scattered here on the blog! I desperately need a reset so I can start exploring who I am again, so don't be surprised if you see quite a mismatch going on! I promise that it will be things everyone will love. Thanks for sticking with me!!! ; )

Ps - don't think I haven't noticed all of you new lovelies that are now following! I absolutely have and appreciate you so much!!!! <3>


XOXO