Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Banana Smoothie Recipe


There aren't too many things I like more than Banana's! They are def in the top 3 of my favorite foods & I put them in everything!!! So today when I didn't feel like eating much for lunch, I decided to use one of the many we currently have to make a delicious smoothie. The nice thing about this recipe is that there really aren't any rules, you can add more or less of anything to your personal taste! A frozen banana would also work well here if you prefer a frothy cold smoothie ;)


Christy's Vanilla Banana Smoothie

Serves 1


~ 1 banana
~ 1 cup Almond Milk (could also sub vanilla flavor, soy milk (though I don't rec, or Rice Milk)
~ 1 Tsp Ground Flaxseeds
~ 1 Tsp Cinnamon (I LOVE it!!!)
~ Dash of Vanilla extract
~ 1-2 Tablespoons organic oats
~ 2 Tsp Justin's Maple Almond Butter, or PB
~ 8 drops NuNaturals Vanilla Liquid Stevia

Blend & enjoy!


I think a date and/or a shot of espresso or brewed cacao would also work well in here! Yum!!!

XOXO