After walking around the farm we took them to this delicious Italian resteraunt that we love that is right down the street. I got this fantastic soup that was so so good I had to try to hunt down a recipe for it. It was a Stuffed Pepper Soup and it was delicious!!! I make stuffed peppers occasionally, so it should be pretty straightforward, but here is the recipe I found...
Stuffed Pepper Soup
* 1 pound ground sirloin
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 cup finely diced onion
* 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
* 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 cup white rice
1. In a large stock pot brown ground meat. Drain fat and add pepper and onion. Cook until onion is translucent, not letting them brown.
2. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, thyme, sage and season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, until peppers are tender.
3. In another saucepan boil 2 cups water, and add rice. Cook until rice is tender and then add to soup. Heat soup through and serve.
I'm going to make it either tonight or tomorrow night for dinner. I can't wait! Yum!!! So what did you all do for your holiday weekend? I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!