Thursday, November 20, 2008

Getting ready for Thanksgiving

Since Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holiday's, I thought I would kick off my blog with a fabulous recipe for leftovers featured on the Rachael Ray Show. Last year, after watching this episode, I made sure to pick up some of the refrigerated pizza dough along with all of my TG dinner staples. Let me just say that this recipe is one of the most delicious ways I have ever seen to use your leftovers. Enjoy!

THANKSGIVING STROMBOLI
Preheat oven to 400F

Ingredients:

1 tube refrigerated pizza dough, recommended brand Pillsbury
2 Tb All-Purpose Flour or Cornmeal
1 Cup leftover Cranberry Sauce or Chutney
3 Cups leftover Turkey, shredded
2 Cups leftover Stuffing
2 Cups shredded aged White Cheddar Cheese, optional
2 Tb Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
2 Cups leftover Gravy

Yield: 4 Servings

Preperation:

Break open the tube of dough and remove it from the container. Dust your hands and lightly cover your work surface with flour or cornmeal. Roll or stretch the dough out slightly then cut it lengthwise and across to make four sections.
Spread a spoonfull of cranberry sauce across one section on a diagonal.
Layer the Turkey and Stuffing down in the middle of the dough going from one corner to the opposite corner in a diagonal line. Cover the Turkey and Stuffing with the Cheddar. Be careful not to over-stuff the stromboli or they won't wrap up!
Tuck the two corner edges over the filling - you should have the Turkey mixture running down the middle with some filling exposed at each end.
Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until evenly golden. Serve with leftover hot gravy alongside!

1 comment:

AudreyO said...

What a great looking recipe and I love the photos.